- Murky Number Seven on Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6WIK4SyzEPG1I7tVkRYGawubHSVB2289 I have only heard bits and pieces of this story. I don’t like it thematically, but the writing is reasonable.
- Beat the Shu storyline on Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Complete. Unlocked the first Hypothetical. Defeated Lu Bu in the Lu Bu bonus mission. Completed the race-to-the-end challenge level, but missed par time.
- RETL, NO
- Not much else. Did shopping the day before. Today was apparently free RPG Day, but I didn’t see anything I was interested in. Thinking about going to sleep soon.
- Drew some stuff last night. Didn’t post it.
13:14 * Retl eats really messy food thing from fast food place
13:15 * Retl realizes after eating more than half of it that there was an included fork, and that he wasn’t supposed to use his hands
13:23 * Retl also realizes that super messy food item he was eating without a fork?
13:23 * Retl opened it upside down
13:23 * Retl now knows why it was so messy. :n
Sufficient summary of this entire day.
For what it matters, it tasted OK.
[2014-06-20 00:09:03] <Retl> chargen
[2014-06-20 00:09:04] <bloons> Name: Andromeda Airborne, Age: 21, Sex: Female, Kind: Pony
[2014-06-20 00:09:04] <bloons> Level: 32
[2014-06-20 00:09:04] <bloons> STR: 7, PER: 6, END: 4, CHA: 4, INT: 6, AGL: 6, LCK: 7
[2014-06-20 00:09:04] <bloons> Barter: 38, Battle Saddles: 42, Explosives: 48, Lockpick: 42, MEW: 57, Medicine: 41, Melee: 44, Mechanics: 39, Science: 45, Firearms: 42, Sneak: 35, Speech: 42, Survival: 33, Unarmed: 49
[2014-06-20 00:09:06] <Retl> chargen
[2014-06-20 00:09:06] <bloons> Name: Dj Jane, Age: 26, Sex: Yes, Kind: Pony
[2014-06-20 00:09:06] <bloons> Level: 2
[2014-06-20 00:09:06] <bloons> STR: 6, PER: 5, END: 5, CHA: 7, INT: 6, AGL: 5, LCK: 6
[2014-06-20 00:09:06] <bloons> Barter: 18, Battle Saddles: 14, Explosives: 13, Lockpick: 14, MEW: 14, Medicine: 15, Melee: 19, Mechanics: 15, Science: 15, Firearms: 13, Sneak: 15, Speech: 18, Survival: 13, Unarmed: 15
[2014-06-20 00:09:09] <Retl> chargen
[2014-06-20 00:09:10] <bloons> Name: Ponies Hurdles, Age: 25, Sex: Male, Kind: Pony
[2014-06-20 00:09:10] <bloons> Level: 35
[2014-06-20 00:09:10] <bloons> STR: 6, PER: 6, END: 5, CHA: 5, INT: 7, AGL: 6, LCK: 5
[2014-06-20 00:09:10] <bloons> Barter: 47, Battle Saddles: 44, Explosives: 44, Lockpick: 51, MEW: 45, Medicine: 51, Melee: 48, Mechanics: 48, Science: 43, Firearms: 56, Sneak: 37, Speech: 41, Survival: 37, Unarmed: 40
Updated my fork of Bones to generate FoE Revised Rules PnP compliant base NPC characters. Descriptions, special talents, tags, and equipment not included. https://github.com/Retl/BloonsPlusPlus
Though these are clearly not the type of builds players tend to make. They don’t focus skillpoints into specific skills then compliment with leftovers, they put points all over the place!
Drew this thing at some point.
Worked on namegen. SPECIAL is now randomly generated. Characters that are given level-ups will spend 10 skill points with every in-game tick when they have 10 to spend. I should probably make it so that they can eat. Which would require settlements having food. Thinking about working on regions soon, which would represent the general areas that the settlements are being made in. Also changed the skills listing back so that they use the same skillset as FoE PnP Revised Rules.
Considered adding ‘scenarios’ which present a series of challenges and let the player try to build up characters to solve them. Like needing a minimum amount of mechanics to start building a new home. Or trying to draft allies for an upcoming battle, and can let characters with high Speech or Barter deal with it, then other characters good with melee/firearms/unarmed/mew try to train them up in preparation.
- Mother asked me some questions about an uncomfortable topic.
- I am now responsible for scheduling the appropriate payment of my mother’s aides.
- Heard mixed sections of Murky No. 7. Some sections of ch 1, 3, 15, 14, 24. Not my kind of fic.
- Mother has an appointment tomorrow. I might be accompanying her.
- Thought about writing a fic. Decided against it.
- I am sleepy now.
I still probably need to retitle this thing sooner rather than later and piece together a decent concept doc. Anyway, that Name Generator thing I linked a while back? I’ve been working on that for the past three or so days. The name generation dictionaries are still kinda lax and not-great, but slowly things are starting to almost become a playable thing. Characters can be made and renamed. They get hungry/thirsty/sleepy… But they can’t eat, and can’t die. And once a new character is made, they cannot be selected again…
But Retl, what happened to Bunny Bounce, and that shooting game, and those games you made for classes? I’ve shelved them all for the time being.They require a lot more work invested into graphical assets that I do not have the patience to do alone. Which is why the focus on ‘Overmare’ so far. Less graphics needed to function, and if I really need to, I can add graphical elements later.
Today: Characters now report ALL skills, they are generated with an age and sex, they get hungry/thirsty/drowsy over time, and time auto-advanced, but can be disabled in the sidebar menu.
Some of the ponyarts I commissioned went live. Yay Puppysmiles/Puppy.smls! There’s more coming later, too.
My copy of Journal of the Two Sisters came in. It’s fun thusfar. It’s exactly the kind of episode-style tales from new perspectives that I wanted.
New FoE Heroes chapter is out, the text and audiobook going live on the same day. Awesome!
New FoE Better Days chapter is out. It’s a little weird and surreal and neat.
Tried drawing some Scotch Tape screwdriver funtime and balloon Apple Bloom. Not posting those here.
Also, Happy Birthday to my niece. Yay!
- Oven trouble. No fire. Needs maintainence.
- Niece and mother’s main aide are trustworthy with money. Not sure about the younger aide yet.
Paid for an art commission. Got WIPs back within the day showing the progress from a hasty outline text doc of specifications to the desired image. Pretty excited to see them finished.
- Went shopping. Bought big-bags of food. Got at least 3 days of stuff on half the amount of money as last time. Just means a lot of repeat meals.
- The extra Moto G is at the post office instead of delivered to box. Gonna have to go pick it up later. Soon, my mother will be able to Candy Crush anytime! Muaahahahahaaa
- Splatoon and SSB Still look awesome.
- I should probably just copy-paste these posts instead of using the Publicize extension. Then Tumblr users wouldn’t need to click-through.
- Played Awesomenauts Beta with some of the community-made bots. They’re tough.
- Kept logging into Equestrian Dawn only to realize I really don’t want to RP there.
- Started grinding basic items from the starter levels in Brave Frontier.
- Felt Grumpy/uncomfortable for the bulk of the day. Never figured out exactly why, but I imagine it has to do with food.
- Drafted commission specification document for smut I would eventually like to have Kevin Sano and Jetwave draw However, while the artists might be OK with the ideas, I’m not sure if the author of the character I intended to use would be OK with it. (In fact, I THINK they told me ‘nothing explicit’ but I didn’t save a log of what they said from however many months back when I was asking what I was allowed to draw.) Might have to just send Mime a message and ask if it’s okay. ANd if they say OK, then yay! And if they say no… then I’d probably pay to have it drawn anyway and request that the image be treated DNP, then only share it with a small circle of friends. Or. Something. But I’m no fan of the whole Do Not Post thing. The whole part of this stuff is to share!I don’t want to directly offend someone who makes things I like, but combining lots of things that I like into some superfun is supernice. Or. Something.
- The area of my leg and shoulder that I hit when dealing with the pool about a week back still hurt when touched.